Monday 30 November 2015

Waitrose

Time for some shopping therapy at the supermarket. Now, Waitress was the first supermarket I was introduced to when I arrived & was interested in a return visit. Now, as far as supermarkets go I liked it, now I love it!


I headed for the cafe first, for a very late lunch & what do I see ... a sign for butternut squash risotto. Now anything with the word 'risotto' in it is mine!

Being a lover of marzipan, I would have loved to have had the Marzipan Star Mince Pie, but ........next time


Now look at this plastic cooler bag! How cool is that! Everywhere you go you have to pay for plastic bags anyway, but a cooler bag, as cool as this just had to be had!


Lots of wines were on sale from all over the world & here's one example of our good old Aussie wines ..... Jacob's Creek, no less & 25% off !


Now being a 'flavour freak' there were a few items that caught my eye! I bought the fig yogurt & the rhubarb yogurt. Gee, the lemon curd one sounds beautiful .... next time!



How could I go past the Harissa Chicken & Tabbouleh Salad with  orange yogurt dressing? That's lunch tomorrow!


Also being a 'soup freak' & a lover of Stilton cheese & cauliflower cheese ... well, anything to do with cheese basically,  I came across these interesting flavours, which just had to be sampled!


Found some crazy beer 'Fursty Ferrett' made by Badgers, a beer making company since 1777 ... wow!

'Badger, one of Britain's most respected independent brewers, has brewed fine distinctive ales for well over 200 years. Today the company is run by the fifth generation of the Woodbridge family'



Now after all of that shopping I needed another bag and this one 'caught my eye' ... how cute!


My little treat today was a lovely Bakewell Slice, which was calling out to me as I was about to leave "Buy me... buy me!" So I did :)


End of another perfect day ... with a Bakewell Slice this time mmm .... memories :)




No comments:

Post a Comment