Friday 6 November 2015

Orford

I headed off to Orford today, to see Orford Castle, but shock horror, it started to rain, so I decided to spend most of my time in the car, except for the time I got out to go to the little craft shop & the pub for lunch. It's a beautiful coastal town, where you can go on trips up the river. I was puzzled by the sign on the wall of the bakery though: 'real bread and slow food'. I shall investigate this further when I return for my river cruise and it's not raining!


Orford Castle: Henry II's magnificent keep




On my way home from Orford there were lots of beautiful autumn leaves scaterred everywhere.


Then I came across the charming Ship Inn at Blaxhall & decided to have a lunch stop.


What a great menu they had. I chose the carrot & coriander soup, but I could quite easily go back every day for something off this menu ... mmm ... mushrooms cooked in White Wine & Cream & topped with melted stilton ... WOW!



I revisited Orford on Saturday.








Looks like there's some good trips ahead. Not sure about the 1 hour river tours that are on 'regardless' though!



No comments:

Post a Comment