Saturday 7 November 2015

Snape Maltings

I took the Little Red Rocket for its first trip to the petrol station this morning. When I went to pay for the deisel  I was told it was 100 pounds. After he picked me up off the ground he said he was only joking it was only 25 pounds!


So then it was off to Snape Maltings, to go to the Farmers Market. What an interesting place Snape Maltings is. There are seven acres of Victorian buildings filled with an amazing array of shops, galleries and eateries. Aldeburgh Music is also based here & is world renowned as a centre for performances, rehearsal and experimentation. So much to do and see. 

                                                         http://www.snapemaltings.co.uk


After passing the 'Concert in a Phone Box, I came across the beautiful Barbara Hepworth Statue.


I checked out some amazing shops, before heading to the Farmers Market, because it was only on about once a month & I could return to see everything else later.


I had a lovely time 'tasting' and talking to all of the stall holders & of course I had to support them as much as possible! So I started by purchasing some Vietnamese Tomato Chilli Jam and some Suffolk Farmhouse Smoked Back Bacon.




Then it was the Yemini 'Zhug', a spicy sauce and some goats cheese.

 



 That smoked bacon & cheese muffin became mine, along with the salmon & watercress tart :)


I just had to get the Little Gem lettuce along with the rocket and a leek (being a Welsh lass).



These ladies sold me some 'Suffolk Pate Company' pate: chickpea & coriander with lemon & chilli.


I bought some yummy bread sticks here.


.... and a chocolate brownie from these lovely ladies!


For dinner I had one of these sustainably farmed plaice fillets :)


Used my brolly for the first time! You can see the reed beds in the background. I shall take a cruise here soon.


The craft shop had some lovely things & I bought some lovely lavender soap, a lovely ceramic necklace and two lovely small cups.


I love small mugs & this little one has my favourite birdie on it.


I also love hearts 7 love this flower design.


Time to go home via one of the cafes, where I had a beautiful piece of raspberry Bakewell tart.


Oh, and on the way back to the Red Rocket, I saw this gorgeous English daisy, bringing back memories of making daisy chains... then it was time to go home :)

When I returned on Sunday for a talk by Jeremy Reed, I noticed some more sculptures I noticed, while I was in the cafe.


They  had a lot of very interesting sodas ... cucumber!





The Family of Man




No comments:

Post a Comment